Saturday, July 5, 2008

koh tao: singing praises


"Oh Lord, how many are your works! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your possessions. There is the sea, great and broad, in which are swarms without number, animals both small and great... I will sing to the Lord for as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being." Psalm 104:24-25, 33

It's hard for me to literally sing praise to God while 18 metres under aqua-glowing seas - but the innumerable creatures that inhabit these parts have no problem with it. Sapphire-jeweled sea urchins, perfectly-painted fish of mind blowing variety in saturated color, and creamy-purple coral were just a few members of the choir. Scuba diving has been the best apologetics course I've had.

After floating through canyons that above sea would produce a surge of fear/adrenaline, I slowly and weightlessly floated up towards the sun. Images of the Grand Canyon, powerful Yosemite waterfalls, and dozens of flowers we've stopped to smell in these past months come to my mind -- my mind was already overwhelmed with the abundance in just the state of California -- now this?! "Oh Lord, how varied are your works!!" privileged, we are, to experience God through so many of His works of absolute wonder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so nice to see you guys are getting along nicely. you are still in my prayers. anna

Anonymous said...

.......and for His pleasure, He hath created. Thou art worthy O Lord.